IOPSA sets out to achieve the best for the plumbing industry in South Africa
- To encourage and promote a plumbing regulator environment through the upholding, upliftment and abiding of the South African plumbing industry installation and product standards be it mandatory or voluntary.
- To promote market growth in the plumbing sector
- To foster and encourage the technical skills and business management education of all members through all legislated training and qualification training schemes
- To promote to members the application of excellence in work, just and honourable practices in the conduct of business amongst members, consumers and others engaged in the building industry.
- To co-operate with other bodies, persons or associations in enforcing and giving effect to its objectives.
- To promote and identify the need for the national registration of plumbers, in co-operation with the appropriate Government authorities.
- To provide the IOP(SA) membership with current local and international plumbing news, together with the activities of similar plumbing associations through membership of the World Plumbing Council.
- To promote good conduct of members through the administration of the Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.